Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Chart

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Biggest Loser Wii Review

I've been curious about this game since I first saw an advertisement. I'm addicted to the show, I enjoy their website and I love their cookbooks, when I use them.

Today I caved in and bought the game. I've used Wii Fitness and the Wii board. They can be fun.

The graphics weren't great but that's expected with the Wii. It's user friendly. Easy to set up a profile, entering weight and setting goals. You can pick between 4, 8 or 12 week challenges, I'm starting with 4 weeks. You pick a prior Biggest Loser contestant. I'm not sure if they are working with you or competing against you? You also choose your trainer, Bob or Jillian, naturally I choose Bob! You also enter your calorie intake each day, that will force me to keep track.

I tried it with the Wii board and it felt clumsy. I kept pushing it out of the way or grabbing it. Then I had to keep switching the Wii remote between hands, slowing the work out and frustrating me. Tomorrow I'll try it without the Wii Board.

The workout itself was basic: stepping, lunges, wood chopping etc. I modified the lunges for my knee. I worked up more of a sweat compared to other Wii fitness games or other videos.

They didn't cover proper body alignment in the game. That could make it easy for someone to get hurt. I would have liked reminders to keep your core tight, that wasn't mentioned.

I'll keep trying it and hopefully the game will make more sense how the challenges and eliminations function in the game. That confuses me. Can I be eliminated??????

Right now I'd give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. Is there anything the Wii can't do?? Enjoy the game!

    ReplyDelete