Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Chart

Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Dear Friend

So much of my weight problem is because I use to eat to soothe negative, painful feelings.

A dear friend of mine has been very supportive of my weight loss and exercise goals. Back in college we'd sometimes work out together, he was always pushing me. Challenging me.

Today, he lost a long battle with cancer. I am still feeling the shock. I know he'd not want me to deal with his death like I have so many others. He wouldn't want me covering the feelings with food. He'd want me to keep working on my goals. He'd want me to succeed.

I am dedicating the rest of my journey to get back in shape to him. Loren, you always pushed me to do better for myself. Thank you for always believing in me. I Love you. And I'll Miss you.

Fly Free Loren.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post. I will also miss him very much. He was a wonderful person who will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost a good friend about 6 months ago. I wrote a blog about how Sad, Sad, and Angry I was because I didn't get to say goodbye. It's so wonderful having meaningful people in your life and so hard to fill that void when they go. So sorry for your loss. On a happier note, keep losing and stay focused. Being thin or thinner definitely beats being fat! Thanks for checking out by blog and becoming a follower, I will do the same to you.

    ReplyDelete