Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Chart

Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekends are no longer my friend.

I'm struggling with weekends. My schedule is completely thrown off course. Both kids are home, the husband is home. My quiet, structured mornings are chaos. That sets the tone for the rest of the day. Trying to maintain the new habits I'm implementing is much harder on the weekends.

I've had things to do the last few weekends but they take a back seat and never get done. I wind up running other errands or waiting for hubby to finish his projects. My workouts don't happen. Meal planning becomes a challenge. I have something healthy in mind but either hubby makes something else or we get too worn out to care.

This weekend we had one sick child, it's turned into two sick kids today and I'm starting to feel sick. I don't know what to do for meals today because I haven't been grocery shopping in 1 1/2 weeks. That errand was never accomplished this weekend.

I don't know how to make the weekends easier and keep them from throwing me off my exercise routine and healthy eating. I'm afraid the scale will have bad results this week, that's how off plan I've become since Friday. I need to figure this out, soon!

3 comments:

  1. The only way it can be done for me is to have ALL "bad" food out of the house. The only food that is not good for you that is in our house, is food that hubby loves that i hate & am not even tempted by! BUT- we don't have kids. So i know that's much easier said than done. I hope you guys get well soon & that it gets easier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weekends are never easy to keep things on track. I'm amazed at how everything falls apart. I've found that if I don't work out as soon as I get up--I don't do it. It's tough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. weekends are tough! My weigh-in day is Monday and I usually check my weight on Friday (I don't have a scale at home so use a scale at work) That Friday weight check has helped keep me motivated if I show a loss and gives me a kick in the pants if my wt is up.

    Weekends are my time to get caught up with yardwork so I usually get in quite a bit of exercise.....but because I tend to relax my food choices on the weekend I too struggle with the food.

    ReplyDelete